First and foremost, I have been quite the absentee blogger lately, but for what I consider good reasons. I decided to take it easier these last few weeks to get in as much quality time as possible with our little girl before my return to work and I have enjoyed it tremendously. Charley is now smiling, cooing, and melting my heart on a regular basis! As for projects, I have managed to undertake a few- like giving our master bedroom a bit more pizazz.
When we moved in the master bedroom wall color was a nice green, but it had loads of marks and scratches that made it necessary for a new coat of paint. My solution was to paint two of the walls using the same off-white color I used downstairs (Valspar’s Honey Milk) and then paint stripes on the remaining walls using Honeymilk, the original green base color, and the color used in our living room. Sound complicated? I promise it really wasn’t. Here’s what it all looked like before I started.
To be perfectly honest, it wasn’t just the wall imperfections that were annoying me- it was also the lack of function in this room. It’s a rather large room and is quite long. I decided the best way to utilize the space was to cut it in half- visually not physically- using fabric. I screwed my curtain rod directly into the ceiling and- presto!- I immediately had what feels like two spaces in one.
As for the stripes, they turned out okay enough where I can live with them…for now at least.
Last but not least, I hung some personal memorabilia and photos on one of the walls to personalize the space.
Seeing as how I used paint leftover over from other projects and re-used or rearranged items I already possessed, this redo was entirely free. Whoo-hoo for spending zilch! With that said, I will attempt to post more regularly about my projects and our travels. Until then, cheerio mate!